I support women and their families the way they want to be supported, taking considerations of their different cultures, traditions and personal background as every woman is unique, I tailor my role just for you.
There is growing evidence that having a doula brings various tangible benefits. From reducing intervention rates, shortening labour and improving the condition mother and babies at birth.
What doula services I can provide for you?:
Accompany you and (if applicable) your partner through the process of preparing for birth and support you during labour, birth and bonding.
• Meet with you and (if applicable) your partner at least twice before labour starts and as early in pregnancy as possible
• Discuss your priorities, any fears or concerns
• Give emotional, practical and informational support unconditionally and without judgement
• Make suggestions for labour progress
• Introduce you to aromatherapy & essential oils for pregnancy and birth
• Share special techniques with you on how to get your baby into the best optimal position, to help you have a comfortable pregnancy and easier birth.
• Work with your birth partner to help you with relaxation, positioning and other comfort measures including massage
• I will protect your space, wipe your brow, remind you to breathe and keep hydrated during labour.
• Support you with words of encouragement
• You can phone me and email me as often as you like during pregnancy
• Help get your birthing pool set up (if you’re having a home water-birth)
• 1-2-1 Doula’s Breastfeeding e-learning course for parents included
• Support you with your first feed (breast or bottle)
• Sign-post you evidence-based information to help you make an informed choice
• Available to you 24 hours a day from 38 weeks of pregnancy (or sooner if you go into labour or if you are expecting twins or more)
• One postnatal doula visit and six weeks telephone/email support if needed after the birth.
Other Birth Services:
- Virtual birth preparation and support available Internationally
- Birth preparation antenatal sessions only | £150 for 2hrs, £70 for additional hours (2 hours minimum per booking)
- Private 1-2-1 Dancehall Doula Workshop in the comfort of your home £80 for 1hr, 6 sessions for £440
If you’re looking for an experienced doula in East London U.K or surrounding areas, contact Ruth today.