I support women and their families the way they want to be supported, taking considerations of their different cultures, traditions and personal background as every woman is unique, I tailor my role just for you.
There is growing evidence that having a doula brings various tangible benefits. From reducing intervention rates, shortening labour and improving the condition of babies at birth.
What doula services I can provide for you?:
Accompany you and (if applicable) your partner through the process of preparing for birth and support you during labour, birth and bonding.
• Meet with you and (if applicable) your partner at least twice before labour starts and as early in pregnancy as possible
• Discuss your priorities, any fears or concerns
• Give emotional, practical and informational support unconditionally and without judgement
• You can phone me and email me as often as you like during pregnancy
• Make suggestions for labour progress
• Work with your partner to help you with relaxation, positioning and other comfort measures
• I will wipe your brow and remind you to breathe during labour
• Support you with words of encouragement
• Help get your birthing pool set up (if you’re having a home water-birth)
• Support you with your first feed (breast or bottle) *including 1-2-1 Doula’s Breastfeeding e-learning course for parents
• Sign-post you evidence-based information to help you make an informed choice
• Available to you 24 hours a day from 38 weeks of pregnancy (or sooner if you go into labour or if you are expecting twins or more)
• Share knowledge, techniques and/or recommended alternative therapies if necessary, such as; spinning babies, massage, aromatherapy, natural remedies, chiropractic, craniosacral therapy, acupuncture etc.
• One postnatal doula visit and six weeks telephone/email support if needed after the birth.
If you’re looking for an experienced doula in East London U.K or surrounding areas, contact Ruth today.