Breastfeeding Cultural Safety Online Course for Breastfeeding Practitioners.
This course will help to promote self-awareness, and skills for those who work both directly and indirectly with Black, Asian and Ethnic minorities. The aim of this Breastfeeding Cultural Safety course is to develop understanding and promote positive relationships between breastfeeding practitioners and families from the Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities.
To do this course you must be prepared to feel uncomfortable and have the will to learn through it.
- How to advocate for culturally safe approaches in breastfeeding
- Identify common barriers to cultural safety
- Be aware of your own assumptions and biases.
- How to actively discourage stereotyping
- Understanding colonialism and the legacy of racism
- Non-racist vs Anti-racist
- Speaking out against racism
- How to included different cultures, race and ethnic backgrounds into your practice safely
- Identify good practices for cultural safety
- Why culture safety is important in breastfeeding
- Reading and video watch list
- Reflective assessments
- Free video recordings of Black Breastfeeding Week UK event, 2020
- 1 Year free membership to Breaking Breastfeeding Barriers & Uplifting Education