Want to get breastfeeding onto the right start?
Worried about breastfeeding after caesarean?
Is your baby in special care?
Need extra support and reassurance?
I value the importance of breastfeeding and understand how much this means for mums to get this right.
Breastfeeding is a natural thing to do with our babies but we all know that it’s not so simple without having that 1∙2∙1 support with someone who has great knowledge and experience within breastfeeding.
I understand mothers can get at their lowest when this is not achieved and may not feel as if they have bonded with their new baby.
It can be an emotional roller coaster
Breastfeeding is not just about attaching baby to the breast it also about how to discover a routine for you and your baby, how to prevent getting cracked nipples, knowing the health benefits of breastfeeding, knowing if your baby is feeding enough, bonding with your baby and feeling in charge.
Hospitals provide breastfeeding support to mums, but with the fast turnover and the lack of breastfeeding support workers, there is not always enough time to give mums the support they need, which leaves a low rate of mothers breastfeeding their babies successfully.
1∙2∙1 Breastfeeding Support is here to help by providing a service to empower mums with the challenges they may face on their journey to breastfeeding their babies successfully. I specialize in giving 1-2-1 breastfeeding support to mothers throughout London, at your chosen location at a convenient time to suit you, tailored to your needs (distant support is also available via skype).
I specialise in supporting mothers to breastfeed their babies successfully. I provide antenatal and postnatal sessions including tongue-tie consultations in the comfort of your own home or chosen location e.g. hospitals within the London area.
You will be provided a free professional consultation over the phone to ensure you are supplied the best breastfeeding support tailored to you and your baby’s needs. I offer absolute continuity of care.
Antenatal Breastfeeding Consultation
You can book a private 1∙2∙1 antenatal breastfeeding information sessions, at a location of your choice.
The information can be completely tailored to suit your needs. Whether you’re a first time mother, expecting twins, need an opportunity to work through a previous breastfeeding experience, going to have an elective caesarean birth, then this session may be just what you need to help you have a positive start to breastfeeding.
This session also will allow us to get to know each other and leave you feeling confident to call me for support after your babies arrival.
This session will include:
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- Getting breastfeeding off to a good start
- Skin to skin contact and breastfeeding
- Effective positioning and attachment
- Baby-led feeding and feeding cues
- Normal feeding patterns
- Effects that different types of birth can have on breastfeeding
- Relevant handouts/emails
- Phone, text or Email Support
Post-natal Breastfeeding Consultation
A hospital or home consultation session will include:
- Answers for breastfeeding difficulties you may be having
- An infant sucking assessment and breastfeeding observation
- Assessment of your breastfeeding technique
- Information and tips
- A feeding plan tailored to your and your babies needs
- Baby feeding observation chart, to help you understand your babies feeding pattern and if your baby is getting enough.
- Answers to breastfeeding questions
- Leaflets & emails relevant to your situation
- Information for resources local to you
- Report for you and your health care providers records, if needed
- A follow-up feeding plan and to keep in touch as required
- Kind, warm and gentle care
Tongue-tie Assessment Consultation
If it becomes apparent that a tongue-tie may be affecting breastfeeding, I can diagnose this and refer you to your local NHS or private tongue tie clinic/specialists in your area. This consultation includes information sheets, nipple shields, syringes, ect.
Find comprehensive information from National Institute for Health and Care. Understanding NICE guidance – information for people considering the procedure for their baby, and for the public. CLICK for Information for public.
- £100 Initial home/hospital visit for first 90 minutes or 90 mins Skype package £75.00
- £75.00 follow up visits for first 60 minutes or 60 mins Skype package £50.00
- £75.00 Initial Frenulotomy/tongue-tie assessment consultation (60 minutes minimum)
x1 Antenatal visit
x2 Postnatal (hospital/home) 3.5 hrs
x3 Postnatal visits (hospital/home) 3.5hrs
£20.00 per additional half hour
£10, £20 & £50 Gift vouchers available.
Black Breastfeeding Week UK event | Breaking Barriers and Uplifting Education | 30th August 2019 | Get Tickets | £1 from all tickets will go to Prevent Breast Cancer, additional donations will be accepted here.
Help break the barriers and uplift education with donations here.