As a postnatal doula, it is my goal to help you adjust to the many changes and new challenges you may encounter with a new baby. It is my hope that when you have support, those challenges can feel less overwhelming, your confidence may be higher and your new family can bond and flourish.
I support women and their families the way they want to be supported, taking considerations of their different cultures, traditions and personal background as every women is unique, I tailor my role just for you. I offer postnatal doula care for you and your newborn infant(s) for a minimum of 20 hours per booking/at no less than 3 hours per day.
My services include the following:
• One free consultation to discuss your needs, proposed schedule and to ensure compatibility
• Prenatal visit at your home
• Continuous physical and emotional support and guidance (listening to your birth story, your fears/frustrations/concerns, observing your postnatal recovery, etc.)
• Feeding/Breastfeeding support *including 1-2-1 Doula’s Breastfeeding e-learning course for parents
• Newborn care suggestions and guidance Unlimited telephone, text, and email support for any questions or concerns
• Food preparation and light meals
• Grocery shopping (funds to be provided by client in advance)
• Light housekeeping
• Errands Referrals, if needed, as I do not do gardening or move furniture
• Sibling entertainment/watching the baby and/or older children so Mum/Dad/Partner can rest
• Baby care education and support (assist in baby-wearing/slings, feeding, bathing, comforting your baby, cutting baby’s nails etc.)
• Sign-post you evidence based information to help you make an informed choice
• Share knowledge, techniques and/or recommended alternative therapies if necessary, such as; massage, aromatherapy, herbal remedies, cranio-sacral therapy, acupuncture etc…
• Also, referrals to medical care providers for other medical concerns
It is not my role to make any type of medical diagnosis. I don’t administer any type of prescription or over the counter medication to you or your baby. I do not do any major housecleaning duties, take over the care of the baby, discipline other children, or transport any member of the family.
Other Postnatal Services:
- Private 1-2-1 Dancehall Doula Workshop in the comfort of your home £80 for 1hr, 6 sessions for £440
If you’re looking for an experienced doula in East London U.K and surrounding areas, contact Ruth today.