As a postnatal doula, it is my goal to help you adjust to the many changes and new challenges you may encounter with a new baby. It is my hope that when you have support, those challenges can feel less overwhelming, your confidence may be higher and your new family can bond and flourish.
I support women and their families the way they want to be supported, taking considerations of their different cultures, traditions and personal background as every women is unique, I tailor my role just for you. I offer postnatal doula care for you and your newborn infant(s) for a minimum of 20 hours per booking/at no less than 3 hours per day.
My services include the following:
• One free consultation to discuss your needs, proposed schedule and to ensure compatibility
• Prenatal visit at your home
• Continuous physical and emotional support and guidance (listening to your birth story, your fears/frustrations/concerns, observing your postnatal recovery, etc.)
• Feeding/Breastfeeding support *including 1-2-1 Doula’s Breastfeeding e-learning course for parents
• Newborn care suggestions and guidance Unlimited telephone, text, and email support for any questions or concerns
• Food preparation and light meals
• Grocery shopping (funds to be provided by client in advance)
• Light housekeeping
• Errands Referrals, if needed, as I do not do gardening or move furniture
• Sibling entertainment/watching the baby and/or older children so Mum/Dad/Partner can rest
• Baby care education and support (assist in baby-wearing/slings, feeding, bathing, comforting your baby, cutting baby’s nails etc.)
• Sign-post you evidence based information to help you make an informed choice
• Share knowledge, techniques and/or recommended alternative therapies if necessary, such as; massage, aromatherapy, herbal remedies, cranio-sacral therapy, acupuncture etc…
• Also, referrals to medical care providers for other medical concerns
It is not my role to make any type of medical diagnosis. I don’t administer any type of prescription or over the counter medication to you or your baby. I do not do any major housecleaning duties, take over the care of the baby, discipline other children, or transport any member of the family.
If you’re looking for an experienced doula in East London U.K and surrounding areas, contact Ruth today.